Landing and blanking SLXN Nipples
The Evolution Model SLPXN Blanking Plug is used to land into the appropriate sized Model SLXN Landing Nipple.
Once in place it blanks off all pressure from above or below the tool. Some of the uses for the SLPXN are: to pressure test tubing, to temporarily or permanently suspend or abandon selected zones or the well, and to help snub tubing into or out of the hole under pressure.
The Model SLPXN Blanking Plug is made up of two major sub-assemblies: the SLPXN Lock/Plug Sub-assembly and the SLP Prong Sub-assembly.
1. Attach the SLPXN to a Model SLX Running Tool.
2. Run the tool string just below the lowest SLX Nipple in the tubing.
3. Raise the tools until the locating dogs on the running tool locate on the bottom of the nipple. Pull upward to trip the locating dogs. The places the running tool in the control position.
4. Lower the tool string back down until the no-go on the SLPXN located on the no-go I.D. of the SLXN Landing Nipple.
5. Once located, jar downward to drive the Expander Sleeve firmly behind the Keys. Jar upward to shear the lower pin in the running tool.
6. Retrieve the tool string from the hole.
7.Run the equalizing Prong and land it into the plug body. Shear off and remove the tool string from the hole.
Situation 2: There is no other nipple in the well.
Put the SLX Running Tool into the control position at surface. Once the running tool is in the control position, run the tools as described in steps 5, 6, and 7 above.
1. Run in with a Model ERB Pulling Tool. Latch onto, and jar upward as required, and retrieve the Equalizing Prong from the plug body.
2. Allow sufficient time for full pressure equalization.
3. Once equalization has taken place, run in with a Model ERG Pulling Tool. Latch into the fishing neck. Jar upward. This action moves the Expander Sleeve upward, freeing the keys. Jar upward to remove the plug body from the nipple.